iThuba is an empowerment project that started in 2012 as part of the company’s 35th birthday celebrations. We developed a 3 hour training program for previously disadvantaged Grade 11’s & Grade 12’s from the townships to help prepare them for the difficult job market they will face once they leave school.
The interactive program covers the following:
- Where to look for jobs
- How to respond to an advert
- Drawing up a Curriculum Vitae
- How to conduct yourself at an interview
- Questions you should or could be asked
- The value of job shadowing / temp work
- How to partner with your employer and excel your career
- You grow you
We hold our workshops at the upmarket premises of the Iziko Maritime Centre in the Union Castle Building in the Waterfront twice a month. The curator at the museum also spends time with the students showing them ship models and covering some aspects of history. At the end of the workshop, each student receives a booklet that has been kindly sponsored by Now Media.
Click below to watch our exciting iThuba video!